What Do You Know About Your Hair?


What Do You Know About Your Hair?

For most of us we take our hair for granted, wake up, wash, comb and style our hair and into our daily routine. Maybe when we start to see a change in our hair, for good or bad we start to pay more attention to these thin strands that make us look and feel younger and give us options how we look and present ourselves to others.

We have on average 100,000 to 150,000 strands of hair over our heads. The change can be due to genre and hair characteristics such as hair colour

Blondes have more hair strands than any hair colour with redheads having the least

Your entire head of hair could support the weight equivalent to two elephants

Each strand of hair can support up to 100 grams in weight

A single hair has a lifespan of about five years

Hairs grow in natural groups over our head called follicular units, ranging from 1 to 4 hairs strands per unit

We have a greater hair density around the back of our head compared to the sides

There are more single and two hair units around the sides of our head and more three and four hair units around the back

Besides bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.

At any given time, 90% of the hairs in your scalp are growing, while the other 10% are resting.


Comments are closed
FREE Hair Loss Assessment and Hair Restoration Consultation

Request Information on Your Hair Loss and Hair Restoration Options

What is 5+7?

Sorry! Don`t copy text!
× WhatsApp Chat - How can we help you?
%d bloggers like this: